Saturday, January 4, 2014

A skirt in a day. The pattern said "sew in 2 hours" but I failed the time limit....

I have had the material for a year.  Picked up an easy pattern.. I get so frustrated sewing, I want it don't fast so pick easy-to-sew patterns.  The pattern said sew in 2 hours, but I guess I work slow.  I prewash the material, iron the pattern pieces, use a million pins to pin every thing and mark, mark.   It took me from about 6 to 11:30 PM.  

Found this a my Hancocks-- thought for under $3 give it a try.




Automatic needle threader, the more myopic I get, the more help I need.

Laying out and cutting ...

Demo-- put thread thru hole

Pull the pin out through the open end,

Pull thread length out and cut.  Done.  Thumbs UP from Jill!!!  It came loaded with 6 needles.   You take it apart and reload the needles and threader when empty. HINT: don't use magnetized needles, they don't cooperate to easily.

The finished skirt. I have tons of black and white tops.  Paired it with black tights and wore to work the next day. The length is about 2 inches above my knee, just at  my comfort zone when sitting, my next one I will add a few inches to the bottom (or top??).  It fits, but probably will go up to the next size when I use it again.  Years since I have altered a pattern, know there is a 'correct' way to do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Wreath

 I made a tulip wreath.  Metal wreath- Dollar Tree, Ribbon- (needed 2) -Walmart Tulips - Hobby Lobby Green mesh(already had at home in craft...