Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Re-Purposed "Cuties" container

I had and idea for the container our fruit came in.   I bought a recipe book at the thrift  store for a dollar.  Removed as many nails from the wooden container. The Modge Podged pages I removed from the recipe book onto the inside and outside of the container.  I just used lots of colorful desserts mainly.  Just cut them out, mostly geometric shapes. I just fit it as I went, just knew I wanted the chocolate cake on the bottom and the strawberries on the front!!!   [ Next time, I will do the edges and corners first with smaller pieces, then add the bigger pieces to the sides and bottom.]  Then, over several days, I applied several layers of Modge Podge. 


 Cutting up my thrift store book.


Finished product!!

I had fun doing this, and would do it again.  Now to figure out what to do with this.  Right now, I put my Tupperware lids in it to keep them organizied.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Wreath

 I made a tulip wreath.  Metal wreath- Dollar Tree, Ribbon- (needed 2) -Walmart Tulips - Hobby Lobby Green mesh(already had at home in craft...